“A Call To Go” Sermon Outline:
Matthew 28:18-20 “And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Mark 16:15-20 “And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.”
Luke 10:1-3 “After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go. Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves.”
Luke 10:9 “And heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
Luke 10:17-20 “Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”
Go … must be important … mentioned and mandated above in the synoptic Gospels (paralleling life of Christ) … also mentioned in John.
John 20 … account where the Apostles are commissioned (instructed / commanded) …
John 20:19-22 “Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.” When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”
Conditions to “Go”
Encounter … Yeshua came into the room … stood in their midst … To be a witness, you need an encounter with Him!
This encounter needs to be beyond the, “by grace you have been saved through faith” (Eph. 2:8-9) … and beyond, “if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus” (Romans 10:9-10)
it needs to be at the point of, “Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.” (Acts 4:29-30)
Have an encounter with Yeshua … what does it take for you to get to this kind of encounter? … Something different … What changes do you need to make in your life? … the Holy Spirit will reveal … we are commanded to Go … Life needs to be an ongoing experience.
Another condition to “Go”
Peace … of Yeshua … the Shalom of God … Yeshua said “Shalom aleikhem” … Peace be upon you … we need to walk in that peace.
Shalom … Hebrew word picture: destroy the authority that establishes chaos.
We need to be and walk in that peace … we need to carry that peace with us … there is warfare going on all around … we need to bring that peace in with us, as we Go.
Yeshua is the Sar Shalom (Prince of Peace – Isaiah 9:6) … He lives in you … you already have that peace … it is also part of the fruit of the spirit – “love, joy, peace, …” (Gal. 5:22) … may peace be increased!
Another condition to “Go”
Cross of Christ … Yeshua showed His hands and side … validates the cross … take the news of the suffering Servant … take the cross with you … tell others how Yeshua gave His life for us.
“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” (1 Cor. 1:18)
“Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?” (Matt. 16:24-26)
Another condition to “Go”
Joy … the disciples were “glad” when they saw the Lord. Be filled with passionate joy!
“…for the joy of the LORD is your strength.” (Neh. 8:10)
“Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing.” (Ps. 100:2)
Take joy with you!
The Commission of the Lord
“As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” How was that?
- In love – “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
- On assignment – “…for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” (Luke 19:10) “…For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” (1 John 3:8)
- In power – “…all authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth…” (Matt. 28:18) “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you…” (Acts 1:8)
- Showing the heart of the Father – “…He who has seen Me has seen the Father …” (John 14:9)
Principles of the Great Commission
- Urgency – increase in spiritual warfare; the enemy knows time is short; notice the ramped-up evil lately?
- Authenticity of the message – God speaks to us: through His Word … natural and supernatural phenomena … through other people … dreams and visions … through spontaneous thought.
- Credibility of the messenger – not just with words, but with a demonstration of life.
- Anointing of the Spirit of God.
“THAT ALL PEOPLES MAY KNOW HIM CLOCK”
- World population increase: increase today – 95,000; increase this year – 4.6 million; totals to date – 6.5 billion.
- People hearing and believing the Gospel: increase today – 10,000; increase this year – 512,000; totals to date – 717 million.
- People hearing and NOT believing the Gospel: increase today – 37,000; increase this year – 1.7 million; totals to date – 2.5 billion.
- People not having an adequate opportunity to hear the Gospel: increase today – 48,000; increase this year – 2.3 million; totals to date – 3.2 billion.
These stats are from almost a decade ago! Today’s population is about 7.5 billion. Half the population has never heard the Name “Yeshua”!
May we be obedient to the command to “Go”.
John 4:34-35 “Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!”
Click on the link below to download the pastor’s notes for “A Call To Go”.