- February 24, 2018
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- 1750 McQueeney Rd., New Braunfels, TX 78130
Join us as we delve deeper into our Hebraic Roots in Shabbat School. Currently, David Goldstein is leading us in a study of Proverbs as we seek what it means to have a Messianic Halacha (walk).
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. (Proverbs 9:10)
To be wise then, one must begin with a proper relationship with God.
Did you know that Proverbs is even quoted in the Brit Chadashah (New Testament)?
- Romans 3:15 quotes Proverbs 1:16,
- Romans 12:20 quotes Proverbs 25:21–22,
- Hebrews 12:5–6 quotes Proverbs 3:11–12,
- James 4:6 quotes Proverbs 3:34,
- 1 Peter 5:5 quotes Proverbs 3:34,
- 2 Peter 2:22 quotes Proverbs 26:11, and
- Revelation 3:19 quotes Proverbs 3:11–12.
Did you know that Solomon didn’t write all of the Proverbs, yet he wrote 3,000 proverbs and 1,005 songs (1 Kings 4:32)? Also Proverbs, being 31 chapters, makes an excellent daily “dose” of wisdom from God’s word. Try reading the chapter of the day each day, and may God bless you and the Ruach HaKodesh give you understanding as you read His word!